Tuesday, February 4, 2014

BoLang episode Biak: pasar ikan Biak Numfor

From Jl. Samofa (my host's place) I can get there by taking a 'taksi' it costs IDR 4k for one person for one way. Actually, I hadn't been shopped in traditional market for my own cooking...hahaha... I do like eating, but for cooking? I suggest you to think twice before trying my cooking ;p
There are different traditional markets in Biak: Pasar Ikan and Pasar Sayur (vegetables). It depends on major commodities that are sold in that market. Because it was the nearest market and we just wanted to eat seafood, we decided to shop there.
welcome to pasar ikan Biak Numfor

yellow tail fish, isn't it?

look at to the sea!
There are so many ladies (we called 'mama') who sold this kind of fish, ikan julung. It has unique shape and delicious taste.
ikan julung IDR 15k for 20 pieces

giant julung fish ;p

tomatoes, a bit more expensive than in Java *sigh
What we bought:
squids IDR 100k for 2 packets (about 15 pieces)
ikan julung IDR 15k (20 pieces)fixed price
tomatoes, onion and chilies IDR 10k
limes IDR 5k (4 pieces)
seasoning flour+tomatoes 10k

Transportation 4k+5k

what would we make?

  • fried squid 
  • fried ikan julung
  • dabu-dabu

how did we make it? please wait for next post! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment