Friday, July 25, 2014

Young People should be Connected!

Young people should not stop in one place, they should explore what they have, who they can be, where they can go, and how they can be on the top.

 We sometimes limit ourselves with family, financial, education and so many things that should not be a limitation but a way to be a great young people! And I think, young people should not only think about themselves but also about other people. These things are made up in one organization called Global Explorers. For me, this is not the first time I met a group of foreign young people that wanted to know about Indonesian culture, but in Papua? Yes this was my first time and I am excitedly impressed with them.
I thought you don't need to finish up your savings only to travel in Indonesia. I have read some blogs that said Indonesia is classified as a third or fourth class for backpacking countries, which means a daily cost for being in Indonesia will not as expensive as in Europe, US, SG, HK, and so on. However all my thoughts about Indonesia is 'cheap' destroyed since I heard a testimony from Pastor Nico Syukur, OFM. Students in Global explorer who came to Indonesia from Netherlands should collect their own money by part-time work, find sponsors and even asking money from their families! what a hard work!
I haven't been so long in Sentani, only one year, but I think that I might be not here if I could choose my own place to teach. I would choose a place that close to hometown and beautiful... That's why I haven't been so long to join Youth Catholic in local church. Actually, this is my first time to join a youth because I often to limit myself. Therefore I am so excited to join the events and routines that Orang Muda Katolik (OMK) Sang Penebus Sentani holds.
For welcoming friends from Global Explorer, we had been rehearse for several times during last two weeks. I am not a good singer, but one thing that I am confident with, singing in choir especially for serving God would not require the best voice, but a sincere heart that will make the me sing with my best. There were some songs that we sang last Sunday (July 20, 2014): Hatiku, Mipa Yesus, Blessed the Lord, one more song I forgot the title :(
These are the photos of the mass that we had. It was so deep o:)
Special thanks to Ko Willy who took the photographs, i think pictures say more than words, isn't it?
Pastor Nico lead the mass
Soloist singer for Psalms

OMK's guitarist leaded "Mipa Yesus" song, Papua language song

Consecration


Holy Communion (some OMK members)

Holy Communion (friends from Netherlands)

After mass, may God bless our friendship :)

another picture of us! 
After having mass together, we were get ready to have an outdoor recreation together in Amay Beach, Depapre, it was about one hour by car. We went separated, they went by bus and OMK went by SAR truck ;p
Actually there was so unorganized when we arrived there. I think there should be games or activities that can make us feel more togetherness. I just enjoyed the beach by sitting in the sand and have a deep sharing with one of them. Lisa, the birthday girl is a smart and tough girl, she is 21 years old, now studying Anthropology of cultural development in university and have much passion in social work. She has her part-time work in a elder social house or panti jompo. She has been traveled to some other countries to learn the culture and helping people. I was so impressed, how come a younger girl could travel countries with her own hard work without expecting any complimentary? If I been her, i would choose to travel to some other beautiful and popular countries! Hahaaa.. (I think that's why God sends me here ;p)

It was an unforgettable experience for me and blessed indeed!
If you want to know more about them i found the website :http://www.global-exploration.nl/wordpress/


Happy exploring young people!
 “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment